IFTTT (if this then that) is a service that automates connections between different tools.
How IFTTT works
These are the building blocks of any IFTTT automation.
- Services: tools you can connect with each other. Each service has a particular set of triggers and actions.
- Triggers: are items that trigger an action, like a video published by a user on YouTube.
- Actions: are the result of the trigger. For example, an action could be importing a task in Akiflow.
- Applets: are a chain of triggers and actions that create automations between services.
How to integrate with IFTTT
By hitting on Custom integration, you’ll find all the steps to create Applets between Akiflow and your favorite tools. 🍀
How to connect a service to Akiflow via IFTTT?
- To create a new applet, you can hit on “Create” from your IFTTT profile.
- Then click on the “Add” button from the “If This” condition.
- Choose a service from those available.
- Chose your "Trigger." For example, a new task within a specific project in Asana.
- Complete your trigger fields.
- Then click on the “Add” button from the “Then That” condition.
- Select a service to connect with.
- Choose “Create task” as your “Action”
- Customize your action fields, using the tool ingredients
Ingredients are basic data available for a specific trigger, for example the date you created a task in Asana.
If you are in the Free IFTTT Plan, synching your tasks into Akiflow can take some minutes.
in Settings → Integrations → Add via IFTTT you can:
- Custom integration: pick from with +700 services and create your custom applet
- Choose one of the applets:
Multi-select tasks imported via IFTTT and hit
Here's an example:
- If a task imported in Akiflow has its action fields set up as shown below:
- Here’s how it’s shown up in Akiflow :
When you delete a task in Akiflow, nothing happens to the source task imported via IFTTT.
When you import a task via IFTTT, it’ll be shown in your Akiflow Inbox or Today page.
Any changes you make in Akiflow, won’t be reflected in the tool connected via IFTTT.