💾 What do we store on our cloud servers?
- Your Akiflow account, contact information, and your billing information.
- Data such as, but not limited to, your tasks, labels and other elements created in Akiflow.
- Data coming from third-party sources relevant to Akiflow (like calendar events, the subject of the emails you star, or the text of slack messages you save).
- API keys and authorization tokens to access data on third-party sources.
We are doing so to provide you with additional features, such as:
- multiple device synchronization support
- recovery in case of data loss from your device
That means that data such as, but not limited to, your tasks, events, or saved Slack messages is stored on your local machine and synced with our servers.
🦺 How do we protect the data we store on our cloud servers?
To ensure the highest degree of security relative to the Service provided, we take several measures to protect all data we process. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- User’s contact information (such as name, email, etc.) and user-generated data (such as tasks, events, etc.) are stored in several different databases, on different servers.
- Access to the servers, and the databases hosted on such servers, is granted only to individual high-level employees, only to the extent needed to maintain and develop the service, and is subject to rigorous authentication mechanisms.
- We use techniques such as data pseudonymization, the unique identifiers for each user and their data are stored on different databases on different servers.
- We implement strong encryption mechanisms. In transit, we use TLS. Regarding API keys and authorization tokens. At rest, data is encrypted using industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption on our servers.