- ❓What are Time Slots?
- 🆕 How to create Time Slots
- 🔎 Features
- ☑️ Add tasks to Time Slots
- ✏️ Edit Time Slot
- ⚙️ Settings
- 🙋🏻♀️ FAQ
❓What are Time Slots?
Time Slots are your new best friend in Akiflow. Think of them as containers within your calendar where you can neatly organize your tasks. Whether you're planning your day or setting aside time for specific activities like admin work or fundraising, Time Slots have got you covered.
🆕 How to create Time Slots
There are 3 ways to create a Slot:
Option ⌥* and design the slot in the calendar. You can customize this option in Settings > Shortcuts
- Right-click on calendar:
- Click on the calendar to start creating a task/event and switch to Slot
Alt on Windows
The appearance of a Slot is not affected by the time, duration, or label of its tasks. Tasks within a Slot are sorted by their planned time.
In the task list, you can see if a task is inside a Slot by the presence of the Slot icon and the color associated with that Slot.
🗓️ Date & Time
Time Slots have a specific date, time, and duration.
Slots can be set to recur, just like tasks and events.
You can have recurring tasks inside a recurring Slot. Editing the Slot’s date and time will also affect the tasks as well.
🔓 Lock Option
Just like tasks, you can lock your Time Slot to a specific calendar account.
- You can Lock Time Slot to block your time, and to avoid clutter, we don't show both your time slots and all tasks on Google Calendar.
- Hypothetically, you could have a 2-hour task scheduled during a 1-hour time slot. On Akiflow, you would only see your 1-hour time slot, while on Google Calendar, both the time slot and task would be visible. This can make it difficult to arrange your blocked time properly.
🟣 Labels & Color Coding
You can assign
The label will automatically color-code the Slot in the calendar for easy identification.
🔢 Task Countdown
The number of tasks within a Time Slot is visible on the calendar and decreases as you complete them.
Completed tasks are moved to the bottom of the tasks list inside the Slot.
✅ Completion bar
You can see a task completion bar at the bottom of the Time Slot.
☑️ Add tasks to Time Slots
- Drag & Drop: simply drag tasks into a Time Slot.
- Inside the Slot: use the 'Add New Task' box within the Time Slot to create new tasks.
✏️ Edit Time Slot
You can edit a Slot in different ways:
- Drag&drop: move a Slot in the calendar to replan the slot and its tasks.
- Select a Time Slot and open to edit the Slot and the tasks within them.Command Bar
- Right-click on a Time Slot to open this menu:
- Go to Settings > Time Slots to:
- Set their Default Duration
- Lock Behavior: Decide what happens when you lock a Time Slot in the calendar.
- Go to Settings > Notifications to customize your Slot notifications
- You can Lock Time Slot to block your time, and we want to avoid showing both your slots and all tasks on Google Calendar for clarity.
- Hypothetically, you can have a 2h long task inside a 1h time slot. On Akiflow you’d see your 1h Time Slot and on Google Calendar both, making your blocked time impossible to arrange properly.
Assign a Label to a Time Slot to automatically color the Time Slot in calendar!