- Plan your tasks
- Lock your tasks
- Lock your planned tasks automatically
- Leverage @Time Slots for Effective Time Blocking
- Use Time Slots Effectively
Time blocking consists of blocking time for your tasks on your calendar to schedule exactly when you're going to work on them.
If your day unravels through meetings and your need to focus on your tasks, this is the right time management technique for you.
Plan your tasks
Stay on top of your tasks by adding a date and time to each one of them.
This can be done easily and intuitively, whether you're creating a task using natural language or later on, by using the shortcut
Check out more here
Planning is crucial in ensuring you focus on what's most important. Start your day off right by taking just 5 minutes to plan your day during the Daily Planning session in Akiflow.
Lock your tasks
Locking your tasks, Akiflow will schedule events on your Google Calendar, so your colleagues will know you're on focus time and won't disturb the flow.
To do that, click on your tasks from the calendar, hit the lock icon, and select the calendar in which you want to lock your task.
You can then set up your preferences for event visibility:
- 📢 Public: Anyone can see your task details, including the description.
- 🥸 Private: Your task details can't be seen by others unless they have at least the 'Make changes to events' permission for this calendar.
- 🚫 Busy: Your task title in Google Calendar will be “Busy” so not even the workspace admin can see your task title.
Lock your planned tasks automatically
Go to Settings → Tasks → Lock automatically tasks in calendar
You can lock your tasks by default on a calendar that's not your primary one.
You can also decide the default settings of locked tasks, like the Event Visibility and the behavior on Mark as Done.
Leverage Time Slots for Effective Time Blocking
Time Slots are not just a feature; they're a revolution in approaching time blocking. Why? Because they act as dedicated containers within your calendar, ensuring that every task has its rightful place.
Why Use Time Slots?
Time blocking is about allocating specific chunks of time to tasks, ensuring you stay on track. Time Slots take this a step further. They allow you to:
- Organize multiple tasks within specific periods, ensuring clarity.
- Set aside dedicated times for varied activities, be it admin tasks, marketing efforts, or personal needs.
- Visualize your day or week, making adjustments as needed.
Use Time Slots Effectively
- Design Your Week: Open your calendar and start by creating Time Slots for all the activities you foresee. This could be work-related tasks, personal chores, or even leisure time.
- Assign Label: Enhance your visual feedback by assigning labels to your Time Slots. Akiflow will automatically change the slot color into the label one, so you can quickly understand what you have to work on at a glance, making your calendar more intuitive and organized.
- Task Allocation: Once your Time Slots are in place, begin allocating tasks to them. Remember, the appearance of a Slot isn't affected by the time, duration, or label of its tasks. It's all about organization.
- Recurring Needs: Have a regular activity every Monday? Set the Time Slot to recur, ensuring you don't have to recreate it every time.
- Stay Flexible: The beauty of Time Slots is the flexibility they offer. Need to adjust a Time Slot? Simply drag and drop. Want to edit tasks within a Slot? Use the Command Bar or right-click options.
Read more on what you can do here